.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

NFL Wild Card Picks

The playoffs are here and I have gotten superstitious.  There are certain things I refuse to eat, places I refuse to go, and chairs where I refuse to sit.  Last year, it wasn't that bad but this year seems to have some good vibes going so I will keep it for the Packers on Sunday. Here we go with the Wild Card Picks.

Saturday
5.) New Orleans at 4.) Seattle- I am scheduling a nap for the beginning of this game. I will be disgusted if a 7-9 team actually gets a playoff win, but it could happen.  Matt Hassleback is lethal against the blitz and the Saints only have two healthy running backs. That might be a bigger concern for the upcoming game if the Saints win.  It will be close and people will start wondering how lucky Chicago/Atlanta could get if the Hawks win the game.  The Who Dat crew pulls away in the fourth quarter.  NO 35-20

6. New York Jets at 3.) Indianapolis- Rex Ryan is running his mouth about Peyton Manning and my only explanation is he loves to put his foot in his mouth if he's wrong. I really haven't seen a great performance from Manning in the past month, but that doesn't mean he can't do it again.  I will be curious to see how much Antonio Cromartie gets picked on as they will likely stay away from Darrelle Revis. The Colts can't run the ball, and I don't buy the Colts are all the sudden better at stopping the run. The Jets wear down the clock in the fourth quarter for the W.   NYJ 24-16

Sunday
5.) Baltimore at 4.) Kansas City- You might think that GB-PHI is the most puzzling game of the weekend, but I think it's this one. I like the Ravens, but I have felt they have been overrated throughout the year. Joe Flacco shits the bed every time in late game situations, and their running game has been nonexistent against certain teams. The Chiefs looked unimpressive against the Oakland Raiders last week but they are much better than people give them credit for in my opinion. But I cannot take the Chiefs.  The Ravens struggled against stopping the pass, but are in the top five in stopping the run, which is the KC's speciality. You always have to take the defense. I don't think this is the last time we will see the Chiefs in the playoffs.  BALT 20-14

6. Green Bay at 3.) Philadelphia- Am I worried that people are riding Green Bay?  Yes.  But do I feel confident?  Yes.  The Eagles do not have a good secondary, and their offensive line is much maligned like the Pack last season. So that translates into Aaron Rodgers tearing through that secondary like a tender steak, and the Packers throwing the kitchen sink at Michael Vick. I do have two worries.. Sam Shields gets exposed even though he can keep up with Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson, and the screen game with LeSean McCoy. I love the Packers to have a comfortable lead in the fourth quarter and I am doing tequila shots at Hectors in celebration with the Ryans.  GB 31-20 

-Charlie.