.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Final Four Picks

I planned on doing this long, extensive post about the Final Four but then it dawned on me that everyone has heard the stories about each team. We know these squads like the back of our hand in the day and age of the world we live in. Instead, I am going to deliver my points in a couple sentences with hopes not to ramble to either look like a champion, or an idiot by the end of night.



11) VCU v. 8) Butler: It's kind of useless to put the seeds in there, but hey, it's what the cool kids are doing. I think this will be a better game than people expect to be because I am sure casual fans *cough Brett Boyer cough* see this as an ESPN BracketBuster.  No power conference tend to turn people off. It's like being at the bar with a bunch of fairly attractive people, no one is really that hot, it's perfect way to sum this battle. VCU has played out their mind in the past two weeks, but at some point that magic will run out. The clock strikes midnight for the Rams as Butler will play them strong on defense, which will translate into a victory. Butler 71-65

4.) Kentucky v. 3.) Connecticut: The purists of the game have a difficult time watching this one. It's two of the most unethical coaches in college basketball going up against one another for a shot at the National Championship. It's like watching a fight between Bernie Madoff and Rod Blagojevich (yes I had to look that up) and you really don't care who wins because you do not want the other to succeed.  For me, I just see it as basketball and there will always be shitty people no matter what industry you are in.  Even though the Wildcats can earn me some money with a win plus my mancrush on Josh Harrellson, I have a hard time seeing them pull through. People don't nearly give Kemba Walker enough credit for his defense and I think that will shine as he shuts down Brandon Knight, Kentucky's x-factor. UCONN 75-67

-Charlie.