.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Trevor Mbawke Likes to Creep

I am a pretty bitter fan.  When a guy leaves my team whether it's the Packers, Brewers, or Golden Eagles, I tend to laugh about their shortcomings.  For example, the Mets are looking into Dave Bush, which would be a disaster for them and I hope they do it.  Anyways after Marquette polished off Notre Dame 79-57, I saw on the bottom line that Trevor Mbakwe, a former MU prized recruit had got arrested for violating his restraining order.



The reason it makes me laugh more than usual is because I saw Mbawke play in high school and thought very highly of him.  He played against Wauwatosa West, my alma mater in a holiday tournament and dunked right over one of our players in the first five minutes. Mbakwe was easily the most athletic big guy I had seen in high school giving my dad and I much excitement for his arrival at Marquette.  Mbakwe did show some gleams of promise in the couple games he played at Marquette, and then right before the upcoming season, he quits on the team.  Mbakwe showed that he cared about himself, and no one else. Obviously, my respect was lost and wished him nothing but the worst.

The worst happened as Mbakwe had a laundry list of legal issues after his departure with cases of felon battery and a restraining order. The order was filed by his ex-girlfriend who for whatever reason they are not giving her name. I mean I at least want to look if she is worth it, c'mon news media! The order was put to good use as this Facebook message violated the order and landed him in jail... via 1500 ESPN Minnesota  
"I know we haven't talked in forever and trust me I'm not trying to start any drama with nobody in your life or anything. I just wanted to wish u the best with everything and I hope all has been well with you and your family. I am still disappointed how everything played out and I do wish that in the future we could be cool again. Idk how u r going to take this msg hopefully its not bad but I just wanted to wish u a happy new year and send out a congrats for graduating. I've been well I'm finally playin bball again in everything down in miami finally got taken care of thank god. Well idk if u will respond or not but best wishes for 2011."
I have a couple of thoughts here before I end this already too long post.. 1.) Not trying to start any drama, bro you have a restraining order.. 2.) This is a nice post and seems to mean well.  3.) This girl is dumb for turning him in like that, why not just sit on it for a week and if he keeps it up, then tell the police.

I am just happy Marquette got rid of guys like Mbakwe and Jerrone Maymon. Imagine if we had those two personalities on our team instead of Jae Crowder and Jamil Jones. Some might say Marquette would be better, but I doubt they would resemble a team.

-Charlie.