.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Daily Debate: Who Ya Got?

It seems like this game has been somewhat under the radar with all the coaching moves and the NFL playoffs but Auburn and Oregon will meet for the National Title tonight in Glendale, AZ.  So, the obvious question is..Who ya got?



If I were a betting man I'd be putting my money on Auburn.  Both these teams are known for prolific offenses and I think the game will come down to which defense can come up with a few key stops.  The Auburn defense is by far the most athletic and fast defense the Ducks have seen all year and I'm not sure if they will be able to wear the Tigers down like they have all of their other opponents.  Nick Fairley should be able to cause some significant disruption to the Ducks' spread offense.  The only chance the Ducks have is to try and get him running side to side and tire him out.

Therefore, I'm taking the Auburn Tigers for this years' BCS National Title.

-Eric

I've already put in my two cents on how I think the game will end (see below). I'm taking my Ducks.

-Mitch

Eric, while I agree with most things said on there... what about the Ducks' defense?  They around the top 20 nationally, I do think they deserve some credit.

Big key to the game will be the play of Darren Thomas, quarterback of the Ducks.  The Tigers have shown the inability to stop the pass all season, but they have been alright due to a heavy pass rush. I think Thomas could have a breakout game.  For the Ducks, stopping Cam Newton is like trying to stop me from doing the Dougie when it comes on, nearly impossible.  I kept having flashbacks to the Ducks struggling against Terrelle Pyror, a homeless man's Newton, in last year's Rose Bowl. But this is a new team.

I think this is the best National Championship game we have had since 2005.  Both teams are evenly matched.  One thing about both teams is they don't quit. Both have seen large deficits during a game (See Stanford and Alabama) so if one starts 21-0, don't turn off the television. I will take the Ducks by a field goal. Oregon 38-35  

-Charlie.